When to use Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room
Every year at AFC Urgent Care Greer, we see a large variety of patients in our urgent care clinic. While many sick patients opt for treatment in an emergency room, our walk-in clinic provides the convenient option of walk-in urgent care services. Some of the top reasons that patients come to our clinic include the following:
- Chest Pain: Chest pain can be an indicator of a heart attack or a more minor illness. It is essential that you consult a hospital for any life-threatening symptoms.
- Skin Infections: Infections on the skin encompass a wide array of diseases, and may be minor or major.
- Cuts and Lacerations: For any minor cuts and lacerations, please walk into our clinic for fast and friendly medical attention.
- Sprains and Fractures: Sprains and fractures can occur from a large variety of activities, and should be tended to as soon as possible so they do not worsen.
- Respiratory Illness: Bronchitis and whooping cough are examples of respiratory illnesses that require medical attention.
- Toothaches: Toothaches are usually tended to by dentists, but pain can so severe that patients turn to urgent care and emergency room centers for relief.
- Foreign Object Intrusion: When accidents occur for children and adults at home, our medical professionals are prepared to help you with any objects that do not belong in the body. This can include swallows toys or objects in the ear.
- Back Pain: Back pain is common as patients age, but some intense pain may require immediate attention at our clinic.
- Headaches: Headaches and migraines require fast and expertise attention, which can be provided at AFC Urgent Care Greer.
- Abdominal Pain: Stomach pain is both debilitating and dangerous, and should be tended to by a physician in an urgent care center or emergency room.
If you are experiencing any of these illnesses or injuries that require minor medical treatment, then please walk into AFC Urgent Care Greer today for medical attention. We look forward to helping you and your loved ones feel their best soon!
Formerly Doctors Express